The Hockey England Ltd recommends that clubs draw up a child protection policy for the protection of younger players and the adults who are supervising them.
- Always have at least two adults present when children are training.
- Invite parents of any trainees to come and watch a training session before allowing their child to start to learn.
- Require a parent to attend the first training session and ensure that the parent fully understands what is involved in learning to play hockey.
- Ensure that a parent is responsible for delivering the child to and collecting the child from the ground.
- Keep an attendance register.
- It is inadvisable for a child to travel alone in a car with an adult.
- Senior club members should be aware of health, safety and other issues relating to children.